Eskimi DMP & Data Legality, Validity & Security - Business
Eskimi Data Management Platform is an in-house DMP which doesn't use any third party technologies. Eskimi DMP is used by only Eskimi DSP to foster personalized advertising for Eskimi advertisers. Eskimi works with industry leading partners, such as Doubleclick, Magnite, OpenX and others. Eskimi DMP is bounced to the data that is provided by the partners that Eskimi DSP is connected to.
Eskimi DMP Data
Eskimi DMP collects, agregates the data in real-time. In-house algorithms not only crunches the data in real-time, but follows the necessary privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA. Eskimi DMP collects, agregates, stores information that includes, but it is not limited to, like Mobile Advertising ID, GPS location, IP, city, country, gender & age, device and other data points. These signals are included into the DMP profile which refers to a distict customer. These data signals are used to deliver:
- Better, more effective personalized advertising.
- Analytics such as Telcodash.
Eskimi DMP Collection Schema
Eskimi DMP collect the data in real-time. Below you will find how the data flows:
1. A user visits a publisher - website page (ex.: bbc.com) or an app (ex.: Viber). These apps and sites has ad slots that collects user information which includes, but it is not limited to User agent, geo location, IP and etc.
2. The publisher sends the information to the SSP (ex.: Doubleclick). SSP identifies the user by using cookies and/or more data (ex.: Mobile Advertising ID).
3. SSP adds users data with the ad placement data. From this information SSP creates a ad signal.
4. The ad signal is sent to different DSPs that compete for the ad signal in an openRTB auction that happens in miliseconds everytime the browser is loaded/refreshed. The goal of any DSP is to win the auction and serve their advertiser ad.
5. Eskimi DSP sends eligable data from the ad signal Eskimi DMP. Where DMP profiles, if the user is seen for the first time. If the user was seen in the past the data will be added to the historical data that Eskimi DMP has collected.
Legal, Valid & Secure Data
Aktyvus sektorius UAB, doing business as Eskimi, as a global provider of digital advertising media and data management technology. In our activities, Eskimi is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and their personal information. While, ensuring any personal information is safe and used strictly in accordance with the applicable laws, such as GDPR, CCPA, and other applicable guidelines.
1. How you can justify that your data is legal?
Eskimi strictly adhere to the relevant EU users' consent regulations and policies (GDPR) and is a member of TCF (Transparency & Consent Framework). TCF membership ensures that Eskimi comply with the EU’s GDPR and ePrivacy Directive when processing personal data or accessing and/or storing information on a user’s device, such as cookies, advertising identifiers, device identifiers, and other tracking technologies.
Full TCF vendor list: https://iabeurope.eu/vendor-list-tcf-v2-0/ Search for UAB Aktyvus Sektorius.
More about TCF: https://iabeurope.eu/transparency-consent-framework/
2. How can you justify that your data is valid?
The types of pseudonymous personal information used via the Platform are cookie IDs, Mobile Advertising Identifiers, and IPs.
Mobile Advertising Identifier (MAID, commonly known as Device ID) is a pseudonymous, user-resettable identifier for online advertising purposes. The identifier is created by the operating system (iOS or Android) and can be retrieved by installed apps.
IP address is a very approximate location of the technical device, used to communicate where internet requests and responses are coming from and where should they go to next.
Eskimi receives the above described personal data from clients (advertisers and publishers), partners (publisher ad exchanges, such as google, or agencies/advertiser groups). All involved party partnerships are covered contractually. Every partner Eskimi works with ensures the legality of the data that is sent to Eskimi - including ways in which data is gathered and
processed. Examples of processes are:
* Transaction validation. Every impression that comes between Eskimi and publisher platforms or publisher partners is technically validated with a follow-up call to the partner
* Regular audits. Data structures and legality of the data is regularly audited by the biggest Eskimi partners
* Internal TOMs (please see below)
3. What is the purpose of data collection?
The data is collected and used for clear purpose for which the user agrees upon.
We use the data only when the user consented to the below sections:
3: create personalised ads profile
4: Select personalised ads
While when the user gives legitimate interest the purpose of data usage becomes more flexible. With it Eskimi can:
2: Select basic ads
7: measure ad performance
10: develop and improve products
4. How can you justify that your data is secure?
Here are the TOMs in place to make sure the data is secure: