SSP Publisher Onboarding Guide
Welcome to the SSP Publisher Onboarding Guide. This guide will provide you with comprehensive information and instructions to successfully onboard publishers onto the SSP platform. By following this guide, you can ensure a smoother onboarding process and be better equipped to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Information Needed for Onboarding
- Obtain the publisher's domain name, which will be used to identify their website or application.
- Determine whether the publisher already has a video player integrated into their platform.
- If they do, identify the specific player they are using.
- Determine where the SSP tag will be implemented on the publisher's website or application.
- This information is crucial for proper ad delivery and integration.
- Identify any specific requirements or preferences the publisher may have.
- This could include custom ad formats, ad placements, or any other unique specifications.
This information has to be collected by the person who is responsible for the publisher management.
Onboarding for Global Demand
For publishers targeting global demand, gather the following information:
- Provide the domain name associated with the publisher's website or application.
- Identify the specific country or countries the publisher is targeting.
Direct or Reseller:
- Determine whether the publisher is directly working with advertisers or through a reseller.
Instream or Outstream:
- Clarify whether the publisher intends to display video ads within their content (in-stream) or as standalone units (out-stream).
- Determine the desired floor price for the publisher's ad inventory.
- The floor price is the minimum price at which an ad impression is sold.
MCM (Managed Channel Mapping):
- Specify whether the publisher requires Managed Channel Mapping for enhanced control over ad placements.
It is essential to start the onboarding process for global demand as soon as possible. As the publisher review and approval process may take up to 1 to 2 weeks.
For troubleshooting purposes, follow these guidelines:
Open a Support Ticket:
- Open a support ticket by sending an email to the SSP team.
- The ticket has to include the following information:
- In each support ticket, include a clear description of the issue or question.
- Provide details such as the player/template/channel/source ID (depending on the issue).
- Specify GEO and OS targeting settings for accurate troubleshooting.
- Attach relevant screenshots or screen recordings of the issue for better understanding.
Congratulations! You now have a comprehensive SSP Publisher Onboarding Guide. By following these instructions and providing the necessary information, you can streamline the onboarding process and troubleshoot any issues that may arise effectively. Remember to maintain clear communication with the SSP support team throughout the onboarding journey.